Monday, November 16, 2020

‘You can drive us,’ they chanted …

 For most men a new car is more than something to talk about.

In fact it is almost a requirement that every aspect of the recent acquisition should be explained in great detail to any friend or relation.

I had not long owned my Peugeot 307 (Turbo Diesel Injection 2 litre) HDi sports saloon when I explained its considerable advantages to my Great Central Railway mates.  A short time later, a one day visit to another steam railway was proposed, and a suitable date was fixed.

The matter of transport came up and I found that they were all suddenly very keen to try my new car!

‘YOU can drive us,’ they all chanted. Add then they laughed.


David Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello child, welcome to life!

This will seem a strange and fearful place to you, no doubt, a jumble of shapes and colours at this stage which you won't have the knowl...